Are you preparing for a Spring or Summer event - Bay To Breakers, a marathon, half marathon, 5K, triathlon or walk? Learn the basics of the ChiRunning or ChiWalking technique. Get step by step training to improve your running or walking form, increase efficiency and reduce effort and injury. A partial list of some of the things you will learn:
- How to save energy and reduce dependence on leg strength
- How to develop and use appropriate core strength to power your running or walking
- How to make efficient use of upper body and arms
- The role of hips and pelvis in movement
- How to increase speed using gravity and relaxed legs
- Pre-exercise body looseners
- Post exercise stretches
In all workshops you will be guided through many exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what the ChiRunning or ChiWalking technique feels like in your body. We will not be doing lots of running or walking (contrary to what you might imagine), so no matter what condition you are in, have no fear. We will spend time alternating between demonstrations, fun exercises and technique.
For ChiRunning, group workshops are available in different formats - full day, half day or 2 separate 2 hour classes. Pre-registration is required for all workshops.
Chi Running workshops scheduled throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. 4 hour workshops $135, Full day workshops $225. Limited enrollment.
San Francisco classes coming soon.
noon - 4:30 p.m.
Sports Basement, 1881 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek
Class size: 12 maximum
If you do not see a workshop that fits your schedule please contact me - additional classes get added.
ChiRunning Tune-up + Hills + Video Analysis
For people who have completed at least a 4 hour workshop
Classes in San Francisco, East Bay, Marin
8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Class size: 10 maximum
- Semi-private groups (you put together your own group for a 4 hour workshop):
- 2 people = $165 per person
- 3 people = $140 per person
- 4 people = $125 per person
- 5 people = $110 per person
- Private sessions available for single session, three or five sessions.
- Refresher and hill/trail workshop for students who have completed a full or half day workshop.
- Group presentations - available for Introductory clinics to running groups, corporations, health organizations
Cancellation Policy: Cancel 7 days before the workshop and you will be refunded $120 (there is a $5 processing fee), or you can use the $125 for a future workshop purchased through Stride By Stride within one year with no penalty. If you cancel within 7 days of the workshop, you will not receive a refund, but the fee can be credited towards a future workshop purchased through Stride By Stride within one year.
New! Marathon and Half Marathon Training Program for Beginners and Intermediate Runners (Advanced Marathon and Half Marathon Programs coming soon).
12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
1 Letterman Drive, Presidio (meet in front of Starbucks)
If you are interested in a ChiWalking workshop in Marin or the East Bay please contact me.
In a Half-Day ChiWalking Workshop You Will Learn:
- To avoid common form-related walking injuries
- To align your posture with gravity and reduce muscle effort
- To walk smoothly by lifting rather than pushing off with your feet
- Effective arm swings for different walking speeds
- Your most effective stride length
- Optimal cadences for different walking speeds
- To relax while walking
- Techniques for hills
- Pre-walk body looseners and post-walk stretches